We have different batches to suit the learner's convenience. There are week-day courses and weekend courses. For C1,C2 and corporate courses please contact our office.
The details of the upcoming language courses are given below, please click on the respective REGISTER button for online registration.
For Corporate Courses, please contact our office.
Registrations have started for all the above-mentioned courses!
The CEFR describes what a learner is supposed to be able to do in reading, listening, speaking and writing at each level.
|Center||Course||Course Fees||External Exam Fees||Internal Exam Fees|
|Trivandrum||2020 A1 Online Course||16000||4800|
|Kochi||2020 A1 Online Course||16000||7000||4800|
|Trivandrum||2020 A2 Online Course||16000||4800|
|Kochi||2020 A2 Online Course||16000||7000||4800|
|Trivandrum||2020 B1 Online Course||17000||7000|
|Kochi||2020 B1 Online Course||17000||11500||7000|
|Trivandrum||2020 B2.1 Online Course||17000|
|Trivandrum||2020 B2 Online Course||17000||7000|
|Kochi||2020 B2 Online Course||11500|
|Trivandrum||2021 A1 Online Course||16000|
|Kochi||2021 A1 Online Course||16000|
|Trivandrum||2021 A2 Online Course||16000|
|Kochi||2021 A2 Online Course||16000|
|Trivandrum||2021 B1 Online Course||17000|
|Kochi||2021 B1 Online Course||17000|
|Trivandrum||2021 B2.1 Online Course||17000|
|Trivandrum||2021 B2.2 Online Course||17000|
Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read. Can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation. Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.
Terms and Conditions
- Course fees and exam fees must be paid in full at the time of admission. No instalments allowed.
- Exam fees must be paid at least three weeks before the exam date.
- Fees can be paid by Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft or by online transfer.
- All Candidates applying for the A1 and A2 courses must register by paying Rs. 5000, which will be adjusted against the total course fee.
- Registration fee once paid is not refundable. However, the candidate may be permitted to shift the admission to the next immediate batch.
- Course fee will not be reimbursed after three days of starting a course. Should the candidate decide to discontinue within three days of starting the course, 50% of the course fees will be returned.
- Should any candidate fail to appear for any part of the examination due to any reason other than personal illness, he/she will have to pay full examination fee for writing the missed part or entire examination at a later date as determined by the Goethe-Zentrum.
- A formal medical certificate has to be produced by such candidates before applying for re-registration for an examination or part of it.
- A re-registration fee of Rs. 2,000 (two thousand) will have to be paid for writing the examination or part of it.
- Those who have paid 5,000 Rupees and registered their names for the courses, MUST report at the Goethe-Zentrum at the latest on the second day after starting the class. Registration of those who fail to do so without a valid, written information will be cancelled without any further notice. Medical certificate from a registered, modern medical practitioner has to be produced in the case of medical emergencies.
- Opening Hours of the Self-Learning Centre: Monday to Friday : 11:00 to 15:00
From January onwards, no payment will be received for admission, unless the registration is done ONLINE, all such payments without online registration will be transferred back to the accounts of such applicants.
For any suggestions, complaints or remarks, please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Such emails will be answered ONLY, if the sender has mentioned his/her name, address and contact number in the email. Anonymous emails without name and address will not be entertained.
The course fees include the text books for the respective course.
Those who do not wish to write the examination in a particular course can apply for a participation certificate, provided they have attended at least 70% of the classroom sessions.
Starting from June 2018 onwards, please note the following while applying for the examinations:
- For A1 and A2 examinations at Trivandrum, the number of seats for external candidates has been fixed at 50 each.
- In addition to this, 20 seats for A1 examination have also been made available at the Kochi branch for the external candidates.
- For B1 and B2 examinations in Trivandrum, the number of seats for external candidates has been fixed at 25 for B1 and 20 for B2.
- Registration for all these seats will be allotted on a first-come-first-served basis.
|Account Name||Indo German Language & Cultural Society|
|Account Type||Current Account|
|Bank||The Federal Bank Ltd.|
|Branch||Thiruvananthapuram / Pattom Br.|
|Address||LIC Compound, Pattom, Trivandrum – 695 004, Kerala, India|
|Telephone||+91 471 2541332 | +91 471 2542369|